Attention all you goblins and ghouls!
We’re introducing a creepy contest just in time for spooky season! Today is the first day of our 2-Sentence Horror Story contest! Everyone enjoys reading horror books around Halloween, so why not try writing one? Give the judges a fright when they read your spine-tingling story. These 2-sentence stories are meant to be eerie and unsettling, so try your hand at horror.
Interested in participating?
Pick up a form in the lobby next to the black cauldron. You can fill it out while you’re here in the library, or take it with you and bring it back later. To submit your story in the contest, be sure you place your completed form in the black cauldron.
Rules and deadlines:
- Enter if you dare by October 25th at noon.
- Entries must be submitted in the black cauldron in the lobby.
- You may submit multiple stories, but can only win once.
- You must be 16 and up to enter.
- Stories that don’t follow the 2-sentence rule will be disqualified.
- Be sure to include your name and phone number with your story.
- 1st place will receive a $30 Kroger gift card.
- 2nd and 3rd place will receive a Creepy multimedia book bag.
Winners will be announced on Thursday, October 28th. If you need some spooky inspiration, be sure to check these out!
These prizes were donated by Friends of the Laurel County Public Library.